Wednesday, June 15, 2011

King Me!

Here is a little project I recently finished and want to share with you. I have been inspired (can't quite remember why) to create a "crown ring", and by that I mean a ring in the shape of a crown.

Crown No.1 (front), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver
It is not the most original idea that ever crossed my mind, many artists and designers have made rings in the shape of a crowns in the past... and present. However I decide to try my hand at creating my own any way.

Crown No.1 (front), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver

This is what I came up with the first time around. 


Crown No.1 (front), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver, Patina 

Although I did find this ring to be incredibly attractive in a white/silver polished finish. I simply could not resist darkening the piece as I personally prefer the look of "aged" silver. 

Crown No.1 (side), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver, Patina

I really enjoyed making this ring and find the form to be very pleasing.

Crown No.1 (back), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver, Patina

I hope to experiment with different designs and make a few more rings when I find the time. 

Crown No.1 (model), Daniel Icaza. 201l, Fine Silver, Patina
I often feel like I should "buckle down" and focus on one body of work instead of starting new projects every week. Oh well... I suppose variety is the spice of life ;op. . .
I hope I managed to bring a little spice into your life.
Be back soon.
Until next time,
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment